Sunday, August 26, 2007

Kristenland





Well, my grandpa died this morning at 1:30 am. I wrote a little bit about this on the HMAs weblog, so I won't say too much more here, except that I spend three hours with him and my mom and Marc and Jerry (my mom's husband) that was great and peaceful - I couldn't have wished for a better goodbye.

My love, Spike, has arthritis in his back leg and he will be moving on. But it hasn't made me all that sad, because I have found him the very best home in the whole world, with Melody Stacey, who owns Monty and Snowy (the two draft horses that we have in training). She is one of the most caring, responsible horse moms I have ever met and I will be able to go see Spike and now my other two favorite boys, Monty and Snowy, whenever I want to. Thank you so very much, Melody.

I am hoping to buy Maizy, who is at our barn on a lease for a couple of months. She is a special girl and I will be SO happy if I can figure out how to buy her!

Thanks you, all of my friends, for your support and kindness through this time. The services for my grandpa are Wednesday and Thursday and I promise I belong to the barn ALL the time after that! So sorry about all of the rescheduling that has had to take place over the past couple of weeks.

Now, for some pictures from the show yesterday...

3 comments:

Shawnna Mc-Zupko said...

Oh Kristen...
I so hope it works out with Maizey, she needs a mom to spoil her rotten and bring her special treats and buy her way too many expensive presents. She needs you.

I love you my friend.

Shawnna

Melody said...

I love you too Kristen. You are a special person and I knew when I met you that you were the person to help me with my boys. You exceeded my expectations, which I'm sure is not unusual for you, but I have been so very pleased. Snowy looks phenomenal! I'm glad you felt what I felt about being able to easily bond with Snowy and not so easily with The Monty. I'll be thinking of you this week. I'm glad your grandpa is in a better place right now. He's with my dad, watching us live our lives, good and bad and all of the twists and turns our paths take. I'm glad my path and yours have intersected. It could not have happened without Harvest Moon Acres. Take care.

ann said...

The picture of you and Maizey is wonderful!!! You two belong together. Where there's a will, there's a way.

And you look fantastic on X-Ray (the horse looks great, too, Shawnna Momma). Like I said, you were the best rider at the show!