Sunday, September 14, 2008

Florida

Hi everybody,

It's been awhile since I posted here - everything has been crazy! As I wrote on my other blog, Susan and I will be going to train and work in Orlando, Florida in a couple of weeks. We traveled there last week for three days to try out at the Ledesma Equestrian Center (www.lequestriancenter.com). We had such a great time - I have never ridden such amazing, athletic horses in my entire life.

I am going to spend most of the next couple of weeks getting ready and getting Spyder shipped down there (Oh yeah, he's coming too!). I know that the shows and horse-related activities will soon be dying down in Ohio for the year, so this seems like the right time to go. I will be blogging regularly and posting lots of pictures as I travel, ride, and teach in Florida. People have asked what I will be doing there and the answer is a little bit of everything. I will be teaching hunter and equitation, running some aspects of the business, and of course riding and showing. Mostly I will be working my butt off to avoid missing the people and animals that I love. Marc has been completely supportive and I feel bad leaving all of this responsibility with him, but he really wants me to go and make the most of this opportunity. Plus, Susan will be there, so in any case, we will have loads of fun.

I am trying to shop for summer clothes now, but having a hard time finding a bathing suit - does anyone have any suggestions about where I could get one this time of year?

I am so nervous, but the people in Florida have been so welcoming and nice.

More updates soon!

kh

2 comments:

Megan said...

i'll miss you!
but it sounds like alot of un

Megan said...

fun*