Saturday, April 19, 2008

Poor Baraka....

Is super blind. I think she can still see light, but she bumps into everything and can't find her way outdoors or back inside. I just don't know how you tell when it is time. She seems relatively happy and okay, and she is healthy with the insulin, but I am sad for her. She isn't even eleven. Have any of you had a dog with diabetes? I don't know why the blindness came on so quickly. The vet says as long as we don't move the furniture she will be fine. I guess that means that moving again might be a problem. Dear old baraka. She has been with me longer than anyone except my family.



1 comment:

Shawnna Mc-Zupko said...

Here is an entire website about dog diabetes and how to deal with blindness. It may help.
http://www.caninediabetes.org/blinddogs.html

Poor Baraka.