Sunday, June 15, 2008

Should be on Oprah...or at least Jerry Springer

Most people don't know this, but I have two biological half-sisters that don't know I even exist. My bio father has never been a part of my life and he never told his daughters about me.

So I have decided that it is finally time to find the girls - one of them is a snowboard instructor so apparently balance runs in my genes. They are, I believe, 21 and 23 years old and live in the east (New Hampshire/Vermont/Pennsylvania).

I was hoping for a televised meeting with tears and cake, but it seems that this will eventually be much less dramatic and will involve e-mails and possibly but hopefully not a bio father who is not too happy with me.

But I kept thinking, if it were me, I would want to know. I have thought about finding them for years but now they are grown-up so I think it is time.

Their names are Beth and Kim Quill. Crossing my fingers and doing internet research. I have learned that it is frightening how much someone can find out about you for $59.95. $19.95 mostly gets you previous addresses and I need phone numbers or e-mail.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the luck in the world. As an adopted person who knows what it's like to always wonder about your biological family, I totally understand. I have been fortunate enough to be able to contact my bio mother and get answers to some of those nagging questions. I wish you speed in your search, and welcoming arms once it's over.