Thursday, June 28, 2007

Camp, moving, etc





So it is me and the dogs moving again, but this time we have decided to take the boyfriend with us. We are all packing and getting very excited about moving to the country. I am already planning my chicken village and goat in the yard. Camp has been lovely and the kids have exceeded all of my expectations. I just adore all of them. I will be moving Saturday and Sunday and just going to the barn to greet our new training horse, Monty. Monday, I will be back to work as usual and I am preparing for yoga on horseback and I will be riding or working with each of the training horses daily.

I am kind of going to miss columbus a little bit. What I surprise. I have only lived here and Bellefontaine, and now I am going to be living in between those two places. I am not sure if this is a step forward for me or not. But I am happy with my work for the first time since I left the equine world and I am going to give it everything in me and cross my fingers.

What I will miss about Columbus: my house, good food nearby, the co-op, food, city water, my bird friends, restaurants, the jo, all of the memories of this house - I can't believe I got rid of the parrots! School. But wait, Kristen, I tell myself, you aren't moving away. You are moving to Marysville. now basically a Columbus burb.

My horse is making me angry and frustrated although he is completely adorable and kind. But he is the most uncomfortable horse I have ever ridden and that is saying quite a lot. Someone who has experience with OTTBs, I need help!

But I love Cursive, the other grey horse that is for sale. Whoever gets her is going to be VERY lucky.

okay, back to packing...I will take pictures of my house. I am actually going to be living on a street called SR 36.

6 comments:

Shawnna Mc-Zupko said...

Yes, Marysville is a huge change from Clintonville BUT you get fresh air, quiet and to see the stars at night. And Whole Foods is just 20 minutes away.

And the biggest plus of all.... You will live near ME!!! Muahahahaha. I am so going to TP your house.

PS chickens are mean. They have talons. Rocky told me.

Erin said...

Good Luck with your move!

Melody said...

ROOSTERS are mean. Chickens are nice. Mr. Peepers (RIP) was mean. :) I hope things work out for you at your new house. How exciting!! Thanks for coming in to greet Monty too!

BarnBitch said...

Rooster have mean, nasty, dangerous, icky, spurs! I have a rooster you can take with you to start your chicken village :) Are you going to have those little chicken huts we see out here in the country?

Melody said...

No, Kristen's boyfriend has to build her a hen hilton, with roosts and nesting boxes and a window for fresh air, and all of that!!

Buffy said...

Kristen, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather. I was down to see Nadeen on Saturday - she looks great. She is such a gentle giant - I just wish she would get over her trotting issue! You take care of your family business - and I will talk to you soon.