Tuesday, July 29, 2008

hot

Well, I spent the morning with a great new client in Raymond Ohio and then Marc and I took off to West Liberty to meet my family for ice cream and chocolate - the best ice cream place I have ever been is there and Marie's Candies - probably the best chocolate place I have ever been. West Liberty is a fun town to visit when it is too hot to play with horses. Then to the Marysville pool - my happiest discovery is that they allow floats in the public pool. I love floating and most public pools forbid this practice.

I just stole my hose back from the neighbors in a not-so-undercover mission. How often do houseplants need to be re-potted? I am thinking I should re-pot them before I move. It has been over a year. The soil in the pots looks kind of crispy and grey.

My plants all almost died this winter because my house was 50 degrees and they were infested with horrid little bugs. I poured bleach over them thinking that I might end their suffering more quickly, but somehow I think it saved them. Now I feel rather attached.

We tried to de-spook Spyder today using a big scarecrow, balloons, gigantic fake flowers, and billowing yellow fabrics. He ignored all but the scarecrow, which he tried to eat. I need Temple Grandin to come explain to me why Marc's hands on his head make Spyder spook when nothing else seems too.

What are you reading? I am currently reading the following:

"Coming Up For Air" by George Orwell, "The Book of Illusions" by Paul Austere, "Be the Pack Leader" by Cesar Milan, and "The Mother Daughter Book Club," which was suggested to me by Emily Chapman.

Any other must-reads for the summer?

3 comments:

Me said...

Man I can't believe you are reading all those books! I'm reading "Ride the Right Horse : Understanding the Core Equine Personalities & How to Work with Them" by Yvonne Barteau. Figuring out Jay was a piece of cake, but I'm more confused than ever about Mondavi, lol, go figure!

p.s. Any show will do, but Cross Country kinda scares me... :/

Alexis said...

You should read "Equal To The Challenge" on women equestrians and the whole history of how we took the sport away from men.

Melody said...

You should read "Flying Changes" and "Water for Elephants". Both by the same author, Sara Gruen. Flying Changes is about an olympic rider who has a devastating injury.