Sunday, July 15, 2007

Grandpa, etc.

My grandpa is dying of brain cancer, but I feel so blessed and lucky that he is having a temporary come-back...if only for a couple of days. He came home with hospice care today and will hopefully remain there until he passes. I had a wonderful couple of hours with him, talking - sometimes he is confused and sometimes he is totally lucid. I got to watch him walk up his own stairs to his house and meet my grandma at the door this afternoon. And lay in his own bed, and eat her food, and kiss her, and tell all of us that he loved us. Thank you world for this gift. This is a corny update, and poorly written...but I am without words to express my gratitude and joy for today.

Thank you family. Thank you all of my beloved friends. Thank you gracie and baraka and spike. Thank you to every person who has been kind and loving to me throughout this time. I will be here all week, going between the barn and their house. I rode Maizy tonight - one of the horses we are leasing. She is fantastic!

1 comment:

Shawnna Mc-Zupko said...

I love you K Hassen!

Would giving you my faker baker blanket make you feel better?

Love, love, love, my friend. Let me know if you need anything.

Shawnna