Thursday, July 12, 2007

Important updates

I want you all to know that Shawnna Zupko RN hacked my blog and posted that last lovely message about how great I am. That was not me! Shawnna, you are an evil evil woman...and I did gallop your horse all over the pasture - without boots! Ha!

A couple of things: My grandpa is in the hospital and will not be with us for very long. He has brain cancer that has spread all over his body and we are just trying to make him comfortable for the next few days. My grandparents are like parents to me, so this is really serious and sad for my family and me. I cancelled riding lessons for Thursday night, but I intend to keep the scheduled lessons for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If he does pass away, I may need to be with my grandma so I wanted to let everybody know.

I will be spending most of next week with my grandma but will be availible during certain hours which I will post when we find out what will happen with my grandpa. My grandpa is an amazing man and he will be one of the main characters in my memoir! He is a retired heart surgeon, and cardiologist who always pushed me to take lots of math and science and never gave up hope that I would follow in his footsteps and become a doctor. When I was in high school, he paid me $10 per page to color a human anatomy coloring book. I didn't choose a medical profession, but in one of his lucid moments today, he told me that he was very proud of the article in the Columbus Dispatch. I will write much more about him in the future - there are so many funny stories about him - I don't know where to begin. But he has had a wonderful life and my family is coming together in his last days to be beside him as he leaves this world.

4 comments:

Shawnna Mc-Zupko said...

See you on Judge Judy! Suck on that, Hassen!

Muahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your grandpa Kristen!

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you need anything! I'll do whatever I can to help out!
Love ya!

Melody said...

You are such a wonderful person Kristen. I saw and felt that the day I came to see Bunny. I'm so happy to have come that day and met you and Jezzie. You all are great guys. (and equines!)